A Chartered Accountant is considered as the first profession of an accounting body. To become a charted accountant, the first step is to appear on the CA Foundation than intermediate than article-ships and finals. The institute of charted accountants of India (ICAI) which is considered as the prime authority who has all the rights regarded all the matters of the CA profession and its examination. To register on CA Foundation, there are various procedural steps on ICAI official site.
Here are some aspects of CA Foundations whichever candidate has to take care.
- Last date of registration
- Medium of registration
- Documents required
- Basic details
- Offline process
- Important aspects
To appear on CA Foundation student should fulfill the following condition:-
• He should clear his/her higher secondary examination.
• He should appear in all exams of his/her higher secondary.
A candidate who has followed any one of the above-mentioned condition can appear in CA Foundation, but now in a global pandemic situation, ICAI has changed its guidelines regarding eligibility criteria in that case any candidate can appear in CA Foundation who has attended their some of the exams on the basis of the admission card with the provisional registration.
Last date of registration:-
Last date of registration of CA Foundation of
November 2020 exams batch is 30th
June 2020 and for May 2021 exams batch is 31 December 2020.
A fee for the registration of CA Foundation is 9200 INR. There is addition subscription of student journal is 200 INR. Subscription of student journal is fully optional. Candidates can purchase it to know amendments, notification and any update regarding course changed or updated by ICAI.
The medium of registration:-
In 2019 ICAI has converted its whole procedure into online but there is some documentation which is yet to be completed in offline mode .the whole process of registration is online, but some part is offline too.
For registration in CA Foundation following documents is required:-
• Scanned copy of secondary mark sheet.
• Scanned copy of higher secondary mark sheet or scanned copy of admission card of higher secondary examination.
• Scanned passport size photograph.
• Scanned copy of the signature.
Note- all these files should be ins .pdf or .jpeg form, and it should be less than one mb in size
Following details will be needed to have registration in CA Foundation:-
• First and last name – that should be according to 10th and 12th mark sheet.
• Date of birth
• Email address – an active email address is required.
• Phone number
• Permanent and correspondence address
• Pan card number
• Aadhar number
• Parents name
• Educational details with marks and percentage (CGPA in case of CBSE boards )
Note – Aadhar and pan number is not mandatory to fill.
This all details have to be filled in a predetermined procedure on ICAI site. After fulfilling all the details, an acknowledgment will be received along with roll no. This roll no will be carry forward in ca intern, article ship and foundation exams.
Acknowledgment letter shows that registration is completed, but there are some more steps left the steps are as under-
• After receiving acknowledgement letter candidate has to take print out of two sets of acknowledgment letter and two sets of all the documents (secondary and higher secondary mark sheets).
• After taking prints candidate has to sign it and self attests all the documents and letter.
• Then Candidate has to submit these copies in regional offices of ICAI. Candidate can courier or visit the office personally.
• After submitting all the copies ICAI authority keep one copy with them and give one copy to the candidate after putting sample seal on it.
If the candidate has courier the documents, ICAI will courier the one copy on the correspondence address otherwise ICAI authority will give the documents in hand of the candidate.
Important aspects which should be taken care of by every candidate who is about to opt for registration is as under:-
• Student journal subscription is totally optional. There is no need to purchase it for compulsorily. This student journal is containing all the amendments and update.
• ICAI will courier this journal on the address of the candidate. The address should be written down carefully because all the journals and material will be courier on that address.
• Candidates can get its soft copy from online with free of cost.
• Due to global pandemic situation of corona virus ICAI is come with the idea of provisional registration. This means it is a temporary registration. After getting the result in hand, the candidate has to upload a scanned image of higher secondary results on ICAI site.
• While doing registration candidate has to make new user id in SSP portal of ICAI.
• Candidate should give its active email address because he/she will receive links in future of their study material on its email address from where they can order study material at their place.
• Apart from Indian nationality, any other person can also opt for CA Foundation, but for the visa no and details are mandatory.
• OTP generated on the mobile number, and email address is active for only 15 minutes.
• On correspondence address, all the study material and journal will be delivered.
• Candidate has to select the medium on which he wants to give its exams. ICAI has given only two options for students who are Hindi or English.
• Ineligibility criteria ICAI has accepted diploma equivalent to higher secondary. Details of this diploma are available on ICAI site.
• In many of cases, acknowledgment letter is not with photo in that case candidate has paste photo on acknowledgment letter and attested this letter by any charted accountant.
For registration in CA Foundation candidate has to visit to the ICAI original site.